- Home Learning May 2021
- Year 2 Transition Day
- Year 2 - Looking Ahead 2021-22
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
- World Book Day Digital Library
- Online Safety in Lockdown
- February Half Term Optional Home Learning
- Year 3 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 3 - w/b 5th January
- Year 3 - w/b 11th January
- Year 3 - w/b 18th January
- Year 3 - w/b 25th January
- Year 3 - w/b Mon 1st February
- Year 3 - w/b 22nd Feb
- Year 3 - w/b 8th February
- Year 3 - w/b 1st March
- Year 4 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 4 W/b Tues Jan 5th 2021
- Year 4 w/b Monday Jan 11 2021
- Year 4 w/b Monday Jan 18 2021
- Year 4 w/b Monday Jan 25 2021
- Year 4 w/b Mon Feb 1 2021
- Year 4 w/b Mon 8th Feb 2021
- Year 4 W/b Mon 22nd Feb 2021
- Year 5 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 5 - W/B 5th January
- Year 5 - W/B 11th January
- Year 5 - W/B 18th January
- Year 5 - W/B 1st March
- Year 5 - W/B 25th January
- Year 5 - W/B Mon 1st February
- Year 5 - W/B 8th February
- Year 5 - W/B 22nd February
- Year 6 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 6 W/b Tues 5th Jan
- Year 6 W/b Mon 11th Jan 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 18th Jan 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 25th Jan 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 1st Feb 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 8th Feb 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 1st March 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 22nd Feb 2021
- PE at Home
- Whole School Story
- Holocaust Memorial Day - Assembly
- Nov - Dec Home Learning Lessons
- Year 3- 25th - 27th November
- Year 3 W/b Mon 30th Nov
- Year 3 - W/b Mon 7th December
- Year 3 - W/b Mon 14th December
- Year 4 W/b 23rd November
- Year 4 W/b Mon 30th Nov
- Year 4 W/b Mon 7th Dec
- Year 4 W/b Mon 14th Dec
- Year 5 - 25th - 27th November
- Year 5 - W/B 30th November
- Year 5 - W/B 7th December
- Year 5 - W/B 14th December
- Year 6 - 25th-27th November
- Year 6 Thursday 26th Nov 20
- Year 6 Friday 27th Nov 20
- Year 6 W/b Mon 30th Nov
- Year 6 W/b 7th December
- Year 3 Drumming
Year 4 Summer Term 1
Welcome to year 4
Oakes Class - Mrs Jarvis/Mrs Widdowson
Parkin Class - Mr Jones
Teaching assistants - Mrs Patrick/Miss Dakin/Miss Vardy
Hello everyone. We're really pleased to see you back in school as we move into the summer terms.
This is our home page where you can find lots of information about the current term along with a little bit of guidance to help you and your child through the next term.
Looking much further ahead please take some time to look at the information about the residential trip to White Hall, an outdoor centre in the Peak District which will happen in December of next school year. We really hope that your child is able to go as an experience such as this stays with them for life.
White Hall - December 2021
Please click here for a downloadable version of the Home Learning booklet and click on the relevant subject for copies of the Reading, Writing and Maths RAARE (Reduced Attendance Age Related Expectations) shared in the email of w/b 3rd May.
This week we would also like you to start on the Summer workouts on both of the CGP homework books. We will be marking these together every Monday.
Important weekly dates
Every Wednesday fortnightly - Forest schools
Each class will take part in an afternoon's forest school activity with Mrs Patrick. You will receive a text to let you know when your child's week will be. Make sure they have a full forest school kit on that day.
Every Thursday - PE
Please make sure your child has a PE kit with all of the clothing named in school on a permanent basis.
Please make sure that your child has the following items in school on a weekly basis; reading book, reading record/diary and the CGP homework books for both English & Maths (these will be marked on a Monday)
This term we will be focusing on the book 'Perry Angel's suitcase' written by Glenda Millard, as our book study. The learning will focus on our inferential reading skills and reading comprehension, which include detective thinking, visualisation and breakdowns in meaning.
In writing, we will be focusing on sentence structure, making sure that all of the sentences written make sense and have variety. Then children will need to further develop their sentences using a range of different sentence types before finally producing ones that link and flow into paragraphs.
Please continue to listen to your child reading as often as possible. This is vital! In addition to this, we would like the children to quiz at home at least once a week on the Accelerated Reading website and to make sure they also update their reading record after reading.
We will also be encouraging children to spend 3 sessions of 20 minutes per week using Lexia in school. If you wish, you child can also access this from home if they would like additional learning.
Spelling Frame - Make sure your child quizzes on their new spellings every week and plays the games for between 10 to 30 minutes. What do all the words have in common? Does your child know the spelling rule? Are these spellings being put into their everyday writing? New spellings will be given out every Monday and tested the following Monday. If you are unsure which week's spellings your child is learning, check on the Spelling Frame page and the current spellings will be clearly visible.
This term we are focusing on fractions and decimals. This is a very important area to cover. Throughout the term we will be revisiting some of the areas we missed because of the lockdown in March 2020. This will mean that we will be covering both the year 3 and year 4 curriculum to make sure your child has solid foundations on which to build.
TTRockstars - make sure your child completes at least one soundcheck and one studio game and then spends another 10-15 minutes improving their times tables. The key here is to learn times table looking for patterns and connections. Search for even/odd/ connections and links to other multiples. Do the answers have anything in common?
Unit of Learning
This term we will be learning all about The Normans. We will be looking at 1066, the Battle of Hastings and The Bayeux Tapestry. We will be looking at Timelines and where the Normans fit into the historical framework. We will be looking at Norman Life and the importance and purpose of Castles.
We hope your child is happy after a elongated period of time away from school. We want to make sure they have the best possible experience whilst ensuring they are well placed with their learning to make the next steps forward as they approach year 5. If we can be of any further help or support please do not hesitate to contact us.