This Weeks Roundup
The snow didn't materialise for Riddings but we've had a lovely week....
- We were delighted to welcome over 60 family members for Clarke & Eaton Classes as they held a superb drumming concert for their parents & relatives on Thursday, with year 3 Eaton showing off their skills on the djombe drums and year 4 Clarke class producing some majestic sounds on samba drums. I think everyone will agree they sounded fantastic, and if you ever pass school on a Thursday morning you'll have been able to hear just how hard they've been practising!
- 7 children attended an inclusive Boccia competition (similar to bowls or curling) on Thursday afternoon at Alfreton Leisure Centre. It was the first time attending a sporting event for many of them and they did Riddings proud coming 4th - well done team!
- HUGE well done to Evelyn S in in Shrewsbury class who's hard work paid off this week as she was awarded her Bronze PRIDE badge.
- Miss Dakin asked to give a mention from her reading compression group: Rhys B, Isabelle B, Mya B, Ruben H and Ruby S, they've really impressed her by showing independence this week using the strategies they've been taught.
- We had a very special year 5 pride assembly last Friday with the whole of Mrs Hunts Pobble group being given the PRIDE child award for their excellent work in her intervention group.
- Despite the cold icy weather our forest school playground has meant the children have been able to play outside safely everyday on the natural woodland floor.