News for the week
It's been another lovely week in school, lots of exciting things have been happening this week.
- Year 4 tennis finals on Wednesday afternoon saw our team of 4 coming 2nd from 48 teams, - Go Riddings! what a fantastic achievement.
- We've been hearing beautiful singing from the choir this week in preparation for their concert on Monday 8th April at Ironville Primary School, their rendition of 'Scarborough Fair' sent a shiver down my spine.
- Lots of archery being taught in PE this term, we think Mr Smith has the children aspiring to be Robin Hood and has been teaching his lessons in the forest school, setting themselves targets in trees and firing through tyres!
- On Thursday years 5 & 6 enjoyed an afternoon with the arts and a theatre visit to the Nottingham Playhouse for a performance of 'Skellig'. The performance was stunning (Miss Seville's verdict), and the classes really enjoyed seeing the story brought to life, reinforcing their studying of the book in class. As always, behaviour was faultless (we think they left the theatre cleaner than it was when they arrived!)
- Friday see's year 5 having 'Bikeability'. A chance for all children to bring their bike to school for formal cycle training. The training takes place on the school site this week, leading to road training over the next couple of weeks. It's lovely to see children have such an opportunity, the instructors have even the most nervous non-riders confident and doing laps of the playground by the end of the day.
- Mr Jones has organised a surprise PRIDE event today to recognise and celebrate the children who have earned their PRIDE badges and who wear them with, well PRIDE!