Special Educational Needs
- School Safeguarding Statement
- Safeguarding Policy
- Contact Details
- Term dates and school holidays
- School Prospectus
- School Information pack
- Our Curriculum
- DfE School Performance website
- OFSTED Reports
- School performance 2016-17
- Admissions arrangement
- Special Educational Needs
- School Improvement Plan
- Pupil Premium Strategy - plans and impact
- PE, Sport & the Sport Premium in our school
- School policies
- Behaviour policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Charging and Remissions policy
- Complaints Policy
- Online Safety Policy
- GDPR (Data Protection)
The Schools' Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO) is
Mrs N. Godfrey who can be contacted through the school office if you have any concerns about the progress you child is making.
Riddings Junior School is a mainstream, fully inclusive school. We aim to offer high quality teaching, with differentiation to match all abilities and needs of individuals or groups.
We actively welcome children regardless of special educational need and/or disability.
Riddings Junior School ensures that children with special educational needs engage in the activities of school alongside those pupils who do not have special educational needs.
High quality teaching is essential for children to make at least expected progress however, some children may
need additional or different provision for all or some of their time at Riddings Junior School in order to achieve
This may involve:
- use of specialist resources, a specific or focused teaching approach, specialist equipment, intervention in a group or 1:1 situation
Additional information can be found via these links
Who else, outside of the school can I talk to if I have a query about special educational needs?
- Derbyshire Local Offer
- Derbyshire Parent Carer Voice
- Derbyshire Information, Advice and Support Service for SEND (formerly Parent Partnership Service)
- Monday – Friday
9.30 - 3.00
Messages can be left outside these times and someone will return your call as soon as possible.
- Derbyshire County Council SEN Section