Special Educational Needs
- Contact Details
- Term dates and school holidays
- Our Curriculum
- OFSTED data dashboard
- OFSTED Reports
- School Information pack
- School performance 2016-17
- Admissions arrangement
- School Safeguarding Statement
- Safeguarding Policy
- Special Educational Needs
- Governing Body report - SEN policy
- Pupil Premium Strategy - plans and impact
- School policies
- Behaviour policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Charging and Remissions policy
- Complaints Policy
- Online Safety Policy
- School Prospectus
- School action plans
- School Improvement Plan 2016-17
Riddings Junior School is a mainstream, fully inclusive school. We aim to offer high quality teaching, with differentiation to match all abilities and needs of individuals or groups.
We actively welcome children regardless of special educational need and/or disability.
Riddings Junior School ensures that children with special educational needs engage in the activities of school alongside those pupils who do not have special educational needs.
High quality teaching is essential for children to make at least expected progress however, some children may
need additional or different provision for all or some of their time at Riddings Junior School in order to achieve
This may involve:
- use of specialist resources
- a specific or focused teaching approach
- specialist equipment
- intervention in a group or 1:1 situation
Click on the picture links below to see some of the provision we offer.
v FirstClass@Number intervention group
v 1:1 Toe by Toe / Yes we can read
v 1:1 The 5 Minute Box intervention
v Forest School
v Positive Play / Nurture
v Physical Literacy
Additional information can be found via these links
Who else, outside of the school can I talk to if I have a query about special educational needs?
- Derbyshire Local Offer
- Derbyshire Parent Carer Voice
- Derbyshire Information, Advice and Support Service for SEND (formerly Parent Partnership Service)
- Monday – Friday
9.30 - 3.00
Messages can be left outside these times and someone will return your call as soon as possible.
- Derbyshire County Council SEN Section