End of Spring term news
The pace hasn't slowed any for the last week of term, in fact we've been busier than ever.
- The 60 strong Y3/4 choir performing superbly with Ironville Primary School in a Sing2gether event. Thank you to parents and carers who were able to come and listen to the performance and to those who helped us walk the children down to Ironville and back up Nottingham Lane!
- Y5/6 Netball - our two teams played really well in the tournament that saw us as the only school who had two teams. All the children played really well and happily we were able to keep our winning streak in local sports competitions going by winning the tournament. The highlight was the final game which saw the team come up against and strong Duffield team. They performed superbly to win 9-0 with Alice S scoring a hat-trick!
- The second Gold PRIDE badge has been awarded to Georgia B in Year 6 - after a rigorous interview where she showed how she has met the school aims regularly. Well done!
- There have been a number of other Bronze badges awarded this term with the children being spurred on by seeing the PRIDE celebration event that Mrs Hole and Mr Jones designed. Challenges and puzzles were solved with a well needed drink and cookie, made by Enid our cook, a final reward.
- Work has started this week on our new sports facility - it's a big project but one that we know will give the children yet more opportunities to be active.
- This week has seen our Parents' Consultations taking place - an opportunity to see the work the children have been doing and to listen to how well they have been progressing. Parents & carers were also asked to do some homework as we gathered views on the wider curriculum that school might teach. A request to name 5 musicians/composers and 5 artists that the children should learn about in their time with us caused much head scratching and a number of heated debates over the relative merits of Beethoven v The Beatles v The Spice Girls v Elvis!
- Attendance for this term has 96.92% ever so slightly short of our 97% target!
- Any finally, we'd like to say a HUGE congratulations and Thank You to Mrs Lonie in the school office who has been working at the school for 25 years. We wished Mrs Lonie a special thank you for all of her hard work and dedication over the years in todays PRIDE assembly.