- Online Safety in Lockdown
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
- World Book Day Digital Library
- February Half Term Optional Home Learning
- Year 3 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 3 - w/b 5th January
- Year 3 - w/b 11th January
- Year 3 - w/b 18th January
- Year 3 - w/b 25th January
- Year 3 - w/b Mon 1st February
- Year 3 - w/b 8th February
- Year 3 - w/b 22nd Feb
- Year 3 - w/b 1st March
- Year 4 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 4 W/b Tues Jan 5th 2021
- Year 4 w/b Monday Jan 11 2021
- Year 4 w/b Monday Jan 18 2021
- Year 4 w/b Monday Jan 25 2021
- Year 4 w/b Mon Feb 1 2021
- Year 4 w/b Mon 8th Feb 2021
- Year 4 W/b Mon 22nd Feb 2021
- Year 5 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 5 - W/B 5th January
- Year 5 - W/B 11th January
- Year 5 - W/B 18th January
- Year 5 - W/B 25th January
- Year 5 - W/B 1st March
- Year 5 - W/B Mon 1st February
- Year 5 - W/B 8th February
- Year 5 - W/B 22nd February
- Year 6 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 6 W/b Tues 5th Jan
- Year 6 W/b Mon 11th Jan 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 18th Jan 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 25th Jan 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 1st Feb 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 8th Feb 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 1st March 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 22nd Feb 2021
- PE at Home
- Whole School Story
- Holocaust Memorial Day - Assembly
- Nov - Dec Home Learning Lessons
- Year 3- 25th - 27th November
- Year 3 W/b Mon 30th Nov
- Year 3 - W/b Mon 7th December
- Year 3 - W/b Mon 14th December
- Year 4 W/b 23rd November
- Year 4 W/b Mon 30th Nov
- Year 4 W/b Mon 7th Dec
- Year 4 W/b Mon 14th Dec
- Year 5 - 25th - 27th November
- Year 5 - W/B 30th November
- Year 5 - W/B 7th December
- Year 5 - W/B 14th December
- Year 6 - 25th-27th November
- Year 6 Thursday 26th Nov 20
- Year 6 Friday 27th Nov 20
- Year 6 W/b Mon 30th Nov
- Year 6 W/b 7th December
Townsend CLASS AND Clarke CLASS
Miss Saville (Townsend), Miss Graham (ClarkE), MRS Godfrey
TAs - Mrs Patrick, Mrs Hunt, Miss Smith, Mrs Pedley, Mr Gibson
Hello everyone and welcome back to those of you that have rejoined us in school. It has been lovely to see you all back together.
PRIDE has been evident in your behaviour, your learning and your relationships with each other which has made us all very proud.
The 3 'R's
Reading, Writing and Maths will be the cornerstone of our Spring Term provision as we ready the children for transition to secondary school. Becoming fluent, competent, enthusiastic readers is the key to learning and we will seek to expose the children to a wide variety of texts, authors, styles and knowledge. Writing opportunities will link to our units of learning as well as to other inspirations which encourage the children to communicate clearly whilst developing their own voice.
In Maths, we will ensure that children's arithmetic methods are accurate and efficient and that they are able to use them to reason and problem solve. Fractions, algebra, geometry and measures will allow them to explore Maths more fully.
Units of Learning
This term we will be learning all about the theory of evolution when we research whether we've always looked like this. We will study inherited and adapted traits, investigate how genes are and are not passed on and how species change over time. We will also investigate fossils.
Linking to our Number The Stars Book Study, we will be finding out how and why prejudice and persecution have existed throughout history and still do today. We will explore myths associated with migration, challenge stereotypes and consider how we can all contribute to making the world a better place.
Learning from previous weeks is still available on the website so if you haven't completed it all or if you want to revisit something, please feel free to have a look.
Don't forget the links to the apps you should be using at least three times per week at home are below - don't let those vital skills get (or stay) rusty!
PE will be outdoors every Tuesday and Wednesday so make sure you have your outdoor kit. It will get chilly and wet if we're not prepared.
PE lessons will focus on fitness.
Daily Home Learning
Reading of ZPD books and books of choice. Please complete BLUE SHEET ACTIVITIES regularly and always complete one after finishing a book.
TTRockstars - sound check, studio and whatever else you want to do (not just jamming on easy tables though!) for between 10 - 30 minutes.
Spelling Frame - complete a quiz and play the games for between 10-30 minutes. As well as this week's list, you can always go back and redo the games and activities for a spelling pattern you find tricky.
Plus Top Marks Speed Challenge - How fast can you get?
Lexia - complete your next session
GET PHYSICAL! - A selection of activities to get you (and your family) up and moving : )
Homework Grid - activities linked to this term's Units of Learning
Free eBooks from the Oak Academy online library:
The Story of Tracy Beaker by Jacqueline Wilson
Below you can find full details of the curriculum in year 6. Click on the link to find.